Hair reduction has grown to be a highly popular treatment for patients looking for smooth results and less hassle with daily shaving. Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is one of the most popular methods of permanent hair reduction or removal. With these newest technologies emerging you no longer need to rely on painful and tedious methods such as electrolysis and shaving to remove hair. Both methods offer long-term hair reduction in multiple treatments.
Diode Hair Reduction
Hair Reduction with 808nm Diode Laser
- the gold standard for hair reduction.
- Fast Treatment (full back or thigh in 8 mins or less)
- Safe for All Skin types
- Treats most hair colors
- Integrated cooling for comfort
- Scanning Hand Piece
- Highest rated for durability and “Up Time”
IPL Hair Reduction
IPL devices, such as the SmoothCool HR/SR, convert light energy to heat energy to treat unwanted hair and skin pigments. IPL devices can use photothermolysis to remove unwanted hair, correct skin issues like age spots or rosacea. Treatment with an IPL device affords the treatment provider a greater wavelength spectrum than standard lasers.
IPL Hair Reduction can handle any type of skin. IPL devices can also be customized based on hair color, skin color, and hair depth. When using IPL Hair Reduction, the surrounding skin does not have the potential to get injured.
Unlike other types of hair removal that use just a single light wavelength, IPL devices use a full spectrum of light wavelengths. This allows treatment of larger skin portions at a time so that areas such as the legs or back can be treated in a fraction of the time it takes standard lasers for hair removal. IPL devices also can alter the light beam intensity on the fly with various filters, which helps clear up complexions and improve skin texture.
Benefits of IPL Hair Reduction
- Larger areas may be treated at one time.
- It works well with light or dark hair and skin.
- There is a much lesser chance for scarring and pigmentation change.
- Less pain and discomfort compared to other hair removal treatments.
- Combines the speed of shaving with the lasting results given from electrolysis.
- IPL hair reduction is effective on almost any area of the body where smoother and younger looking hair-free skin is desired.
Society For Clinical and Medical Hair Removal
According to the Society for Clinical and Medical Hair Removal, IPL, such as SmoothCool HR/SR, which are FDA approved for permanent hair reduction, are a far more practical option for the treatment of large areas like the back or legs, where the painstaking process of electrolysis would simply be too painful, pricey, and time consuming for most people to endure.
Many clinics that offer the Hair Reduction procedure do guarantee two years of customer satisfaction for patients who complete their minimum number of required sessions (usually in the ballpark of 3-6). When hair does regrow, it’ll be thinner and in less quantity, regardless if it was a chest hair treatment or a bikini line treatment. When you consider all the time, money, and pain you’ll save yourself over the course of two full years without shaving or waxing, permanent hair “reduction” sounds all the more appealing¹.
1. Hair Removal Forum Newsletter / May 2008, “A Primer on Permanent Hair Removal”
Eclipse Hair Reduction Products